Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sparkly Turquoise Earrings


Ahhhh what better way to spend a Saturday evening than sitting down and watching My Fair Lady? As I am writing this, poor little Eliza is trying to pronounce words beginning with H and setting fire to things! What joy.
My favorite part of the movie has to be the embassy ball with that amazing crystal necklace! Which brings me to today’s little beaded piece, which is a mixture of turquoise and crystals.
 
The idea for this came from my turquoise bracelet which I had made a long while ago. I was really happy with how the beads and crystals worked together so I decided to make a pair of earrings to go with the piece.
I didn’t have any more of the green crystal pieces I had used on the bracelet so for these earrings I substituted them with a pair of turquoise cabochons and for the bottom part of the earring I used a larger swarovski crystal stud earrings which I cut the backs off in order to use as the focal component.
Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend and If anyone is interested in these earrings they are available on my Etsy.
LIST OF MATERIALS USED

▪                15mm Round Glass Cabochon – Turquoise
▪                SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL STUDS
▪                SILVER LINED OPAL BLUE/GREEN SEED BEADS SIZE 6/0
▪                TRANSPARENT MEDIUM SEA GREEN AB SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
▪                TRANSPARENT OLIVE BRONZE LUSTER SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0 SB2518
▪                METALLIC DARK OLIVE GREEN SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0 SB3451
▪                4MM GLASS FACETED BEADS IN PARROT FROM THE BEAD GALLERY
▪                TRANSPARENT GOLD AMETHYST SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0 
▪                10mm SURGICAL STEEL FLAT GLUE ON EARRING POST
▪                LACY’S STIFF STUFF
▪                GREY ULTRASUEDE
▪                FIRELINE THREAD 0.006 IN CLEAR
▪                E-6000


Posted by Mana © BeadFeast. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment