Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dangly Turquoise and Moonglow Earrings




it feels like it has been a year since I have posted anything on this blog, well had I waited a few months it would have been a year I guess: D
Not good! So bad that even my parents gave up on reminding me to update the blog.it seems that something always takes precedence over doing this and to be honest today is probably the first day in 4 months that I have absolutely nothing to do or think about.
I have been busy with work and I started taking a few beading classes here and there to learn about bead weaving as opposed to bead embroidery which I usually do and I have to say I really enjoy it .my latest obsession is making Cellini spirals but I will talk about them hopefully very soon in a new blog post.
so before I move on to showing my woven pieces I am going to show you one of the last bead embroidered pieces which I actually sold a few months ago as well!
While looking through Etsy I fell upon these golden yellow moonglow squares that I just had to have. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Dangly earrings!

For the earrings I used a teardrop turquoise cabochon as my main focal point and did a simple gold and turquoise bezel. As always to make the piece sparkle I used the smallest size of crystal chains that I had. I had thought of finishing the piece after adding the chain but when I thought about it the piece looked too small and finishing the edge after the chain with any kind of edging would show pieces of the backing, which I don’t like.

I ended up adding a row of stacked turquoise and gold beads to make the piece larges and cover the backing so that when I do the edge you cannot really see any of the lacey’s stiff stuff.
Once the piece was done I did a simple picot edge all the way around and added a loop with size 15 beads in order to be able to add the moonglow stone and the earring hook. And voila the earrings were done!


Posted by Mana © BeadFeast. All Rights Reserved








No comments:

Post a Comment