I have been struggling lately coming up with designs for my bead embroidery. I have been sketching trying to come up with things but none of them really pulled me in to try and start a piece. So I decided to just start a piece and see where it takes me.
I chose my favorite type of subject,” skulls”. This skull is a painting by Scott Sceidly called “Billie”.
If I don’t have a plan in mind I usually decide what to after my bezel work is done by placing different stones and cabochon around the piece to figure out the next step. Once I was done with the bezel I decided to add another cabochon to the piece but instead of putting it on the bottom where I usually do I decided it was time for me to shake it up a bit so I moved it to the side!! For someone who likes things to be symmetrical this is a huge step!!:D
After sewing on a couple of rows of beads around the smaller blue goldstone cabochon and adding a few rows to the main cabochon, I still felt that the piece needed something to give it a little bit more pizzazz if you will!
I added all the marguerites I had left over, around the piece, concentrating most of them around the smaller cabochon and the opposite side of the piece.
Now at this point I was really chuffed with the piece. it had exceeded my expectation more so because I had no expectations to begin with :D
To finish the piece off I went with something a little different for the edge work by using different size of bugle beads on the edge.
LIST OF MATERIALS USED:
- 35MM CLEAR GLASS DOME CABOCHON
- 10MM ROUND BLUE GOLDSTONE CABOCHON
- 3MM IRIS PURPLE FIRE POLISHED BEADS
- 2.5MM PURPLE IRIS FIRE POLISHED BEADS
- 2.5MM APOLLO GOLD FIRE POLISHED GLASS BEADS
- 8MM SILVER NIGHT SWAROVSKI MARGUERITES
- 8MM VITRAIL SWAROVSKI MARGUERITES
- 6MM SILVER NIGHT SWAROVSKI MARGUERITES
- 6MM VOLCANO SWAROVSKI MARGUERITES
- ¼ INCH OPAQUE BLACK BUGLE BEADS
- 6MM HEMATITE BUGLE BEADS
- 3MM PURPLE IRIS BUGLE BEADS
- GOLD METAL ROUND SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- OPAQUE BLACK SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- SILVER LINED GARNET SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0
- FIRELINE THREAD 0.006” IN SMOKE GREY
- LACY'S STIFF STUFF
- BLACK ULTRASUEDE
- 1.5-INCH BASE METAL PIN BACK
- E-6000 GLUE
Posted by Mana © BeadFeast. All Rights Reserved