Thursday, August 9, 2012

An Unfinished Piece!


goldstone beading

This past winter when I started doing my bead embroidery, my main aim was to make loads and loads of beaded gloves and sell them on Etsy. The thing was that I started beading in February and we had quite a lukewarm winter this year (which I totally appreciated btw). So I just never got around to making that many gloves except for the ones that I made for family, my friends and me. But I did make a few different shaped patches for gloves, which I never got around to sewing on. These pieces have been hanging around in my unfinished beadwork stash, which isn’t that big of a stash. As I said in my other posts I really don’t like to leave things unfinished!
A couple of days ago when I was sorting through my beadworks I came upon this piece and I started thinking of things to do with them to finish it off. Here is what it looks like at the moment:

goldstone beading

goldstone beading

I used a blue goldstone cabochon and a large faceted rondelle as my focus beads and just went around beading rows around them .for a little bit more interest and sparkle (which is oh so important) I used some hotfix Swarovski crystals as well.
goldstone beading detail

I made this embroidery specifically to go on gloves so I made a pair. But now since it is summertime and I still have not finished these pieces off I was thinking these could look great as a pair of earrings! They have that hanging shape that earrings have and seem to be of the right length so at this moment that’s the direction I am leaning towards.
I will update this post when the work is completed
goldstone beading back

List of materials used

                HEMATITE GREY METALLIC SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
                SILVER SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
                OPAQUE BLACK SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0
                2x3 SILVER PLATED RONDELLE GLASS BEADS BY BEAD GALLERY
                25x18 BLUE GOLDSTONE CABOCHON
                10MM JET FACETED RONDELLE BEAD
                SS20 SWAROVSKI HOTFIX CRYSTAL AB
                SILVER-LINED GREY DELICA BEADS SIZE 15/0
                WILDFIRE THREAD
                LACY'S STIFF STUFF
                E-600 GLUE

Posted by Mana © BeadFeast. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment