This is going to be a quick post about another pair shoe clips.
In my last post I mentioned that my mom had chosen another set of cabochon for me to turn into shoe clips for her and these are what I came up with.
This pair is a second of three shoe clip pairs that I have made. I tried to use beads that complemented the red and black cabochon but just using black and red was proving to be a little tedious so I decided to use some gold in the piece to break it up a bit.
I think this is good example to show how different the same pair of shoes can look by using different shoe clips, with these things you can get more use out of plain shoes and also the good thing with these clips is that they are secure enough to be worn on garments so they can be used as brooches but you would need to clasp them on to the edge of something like a pocket.
The only thing I would have done differently if I were doing this piece now would have been to use the last row of crystal beads on the edge instead of finishing off the edge with black seed beads .it’s a waste of beads as they are covered by the bigger crystals and I wasn’t planning on doing anything to the edge of the piece anyway but I guess this is what experimenting is all about: Learning!!
LIST OF MATERIALS USED:
- RED AND BLACK ROSE RESIN CABOCHON
- 3x4 OPAQUE BLACK FACETED GLASS BEADS FROM THE BEAD GALLERY
- SILVER LINED MAHOGANY SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- SILVER-LINED MATTE DARK RUBY RED SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- METALLIC RAINBOW NICKLE PLATED GOLDED DELICAS SIZE 15/0
- GOLD METAL ROUND SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0
- OPAQUE BLACK SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0
- LACY’S STIFF STUFF
- BLACK ULTRASUEDE
- FIRELINE 0.006 IN SMOKE
- E-6000 GLUE
- CRAFTER’S PICK THE ULTIMATE GLUE
Posted by Mana © BeadFeast. All Rights Reserved